My other haunts
I can be found on the following forums and websites - usually under the pseudonym "Merrion" but occaisionally under my own name
- Xtreme Visual Basic Talk - a Visual Basic forum with a number of expert contributors
- VBForums - another Visual Basic forum with a good sized participation and varied experience levels
- The CodeProject - a multi language site with both articles and discussion forums
- LinkedIn - the professionals networking site
The Microsoft Developers Network site is the definitive resource for all matters related to the Win32 API and related technologies.
ITtoolbox for Visual Basic Knowledge Base Content, community, and service for Visual Basic professionals. Providing technical discussion, job postings, an integrated directory, news, and much more
- If you are serious about getting under the hood with Windows, SysInternals Feeware provides a really powerful toolset to allow you to do just that. Put simply: the best free software on the net.
- The VBCodeLibrary is an extensive library of visual basic routines that you can share (and add to) for the benefit of all your development team.
A1VBCode is a brilliant source code site for beginners and intermediate level VB coders to get stuck in to
- For Visual Basic news and announcements VB Wire is the definitive source
- For a complete list of Visual Basic related resources Reliable Answers is your best bet
- The TextControl website is the source of the TextControl OCX which gives you access to a powerful and flexible word processor control from your applications without requiring extensive coding.
- The AllApi site has examples of a large number of Win32 API calls explained with Visual Basic examples.
- Planet Source Code is the largest code repositry on the internet - although you do have to wade through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat.
This month's featured links
- If you want a professionally designed website or top quality photographs, see what RichardX can do for you